There are many viable lead substitutes available in situations where lead is not practical. With the high scrap value of lead, theft has become more of a problem and if you’ve been unfortunate enough to have your lead stolen, you may be interested in the following solutions.
What can I use instead of lead ?…
Lead Flashing substitute
The most common way of lead to be stolen is for thieves to take the lead flashing’s.
Here we have used a high quality non lead substitute that comes complete with a 20 Year guarantee. Chased into the brickwork joints just like lead, it’s simple, practical and permanent.
A lead roof alternative with no scrap value
(Also see bay windows page)
Either for environmental reasons, theft or just aesthetics, fibreglass can be a fantastic permanent option it will not puncture or tear and has an incredibly long lifespan.
Concrete roof, balcony roof, porch roof, dormer roof, parapet walls, patio roof…
Each roof is custom made on site. There is almost no situation where it’s not suitable. Here is an example of and old lead roof replaced in fibreglass.
- Very long lifespan – Proven 30 years upwards
- Impervious to foot traffic and puncture
- 100% waterproof and 100% UV resistant
- Looks superb
- No joints or seams
- Security – cannot be cut with a knife
- Much cheaper than Lead or Copper
- Available in anti-slip finish
- Choose your colour – wide colour range available
- Cleans with soap and water to look new again