2. How we collect Data: We do not automatically collect and process personal data. However, we may collect certain data necessary for the performance of our roofing and guttering services as well as performance of our legal or contractual obligations. The personal data info we collect is:
* Telephone number
* Online identifiers (IP address, device information and browser data.)
We collect data in the following ways:
Bentley Roofing does not require you to provide any personal information as a condition of using the website. However when you contact us directly or purchase our products online, you may be required to supply certain personal information. We also collect data using cookies, server logs and similar technologies. When you access www.bentleyroofing.co.uk our site’s server will log certain data which includes your internet protocol address, type and operating system of the device used, the type and version of browser used to view the site, language and display preferences, pages viewed on the site, as well as the HTTP referrer that referred you to the content on our site. We also use third party behavioural advertising and tracking services such as Google Analytics and Sitecounter. These services may set third parties cookies on your devices and collect data about how users interact with our website. To understand what information these services collect about you and how to protect your personal data, we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
Bentley Roofing uses Paypal to process payments for purchases made on the site. All credit card and billing information required to make a purchase is processed by PayPal and we do not receive credit or debit card information. The information we receive in respect of your purchases is order number and amount as well as contact information.
4. Purpose of collecting Personal data: Bentley Roofing processes personal data only for purposes specified in this policy and as maybe required by law. We will also not retain your personal data if it is no longer needed with respect to the purpose for which such data was obtained. We will not share or disclose your data without your consent. We use your data for the following purposes:
a. to perform any contractual obligation between you and Bentley Roofing including carrying out any request made by you before entering into any legal agreement, including for example roofing advice, installation and repairs.
b. in accordance with your consent so as to provide any service or information requested by you;
c. to comply with any legal requirement including exercising or defending our legal rights; and,
d. as part of our legitimate interest to develop and improve our services and website. As part of Bentley Roofing’s legitimate interests, we will use website usage data to analyse and understand how users and visitors interact with the site, detect and prevent fraudulent usage and keep our website safe and secure, personalize our site and services based on user interaction. We may also use your email to send marketing information based on any existing business relationship between you and Bentley Roofing. Please note that you can withdraw your consent to receive our newsletter or marketing information at any time.
5. Third party cookies and behavioural tracking: We use third party advertising services on our website. These include Google Analytics and Statscounter. We also use Google Analytics and Site to track, analyse and understand how users interact with particular content on the site. This helps us to optimize website design and content for our visitors, measure conversion, user engagement and content sharing as well as improve the efficiency of our marketing campaigns. Both Google Analytics and Statscounter may set third party cookies and collect data relating to your internet protocol, HTTP referrer, device information, browse data, page views, date and time of visit, as well as time spent on the site or particular pages on the site. For more data about Google’s interest-based advertising, please visit Google’s Advertising Principles. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en . To learn more about opting-out of Google’s adverting practices, please visit www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb
6. Security: Bentley Roofing maintains appropriate technical and organisational safeguards aimed at security and protection of personal data against unauthorized processing, accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration or damage as well as unauthorised disclosure of or access to personal data. These measures include use of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology, anonymization, pseudonymisation and regular malware scanning. All transaction data is processed by PayPal or relevant payment processors. PayPal uses high level encryption to protect credit card and financial information.
7. Data Retention: In compliance with GDPR and UK Data Protection Act, Bentley Roofing will only keep personal data as long as is required for the performance of services or as otherwise required by law. Bentley Roofing has also adopted a firm data retention policy to comply with these obligations. Personal data which is no longer needed is deleted from our storage systems. When you withdraw consent for the use of particular data, we will immediately delete the data in respect of which consent has been withdrawn unless we are required to retain such data for other lawful reasons.
8. Your Rights: In accordance with EU Directive and UK data protection laws, you have the following specific rights under the GDPR in connection with your use of our website and services.
(a) Right to access and control data we process about you including the kind of data processed, purposes of processing and the parties to whom your personal data has been or will be disclosed
(b) Right to rectify incomplete or inaccurate data
(c) Right to object to unlawful processing of personal data
(d) Right to erasure of certain personal data
(e) Right to restrict processing of personal data
(f) Right to transmit or request for transmission of your data to other service providers (data portability).
9. External Links Our website may feature links to other websites. We provide these links for informational purposes only and we do not own or control those sites nor are we responsible for their personal data processing actions. Our inclusion of the links does not constitute any endorsement or guarantee that those sites and the content provided on them are secure, accurate or reliable. You should exercise caution when visiting those external websites.
11. Shortened Links in Social Media: This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy web addresses (this is an example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo). Users are advised to take caution before clicking any shortened URLs published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine URLs are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Resources & Further Data